pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

what a surprise


I had no idea this was coming, but i'm sure glad it did! It was absolutely perfect . . . earlier this week Chad asked me if I wanted to go on a picnic Saturday since we both had the day off work and of course I said "sure!" and thought nothing of it. Saturday morning came along, we ended up playing disc golf at Wellington lake and while Chad went to the grocery store to get "picnic goodies," I stayed at home and looked online for a car. 6:00 came and we started getting our picnic packed and headed out the door to Grapevine lake. We parked the car and walked to an isolated peninsula right on the lake front. I was in charge of the blanket, so I laid it down while Chad got the food out and ready to eat. It was delicious! Chad made a beautiful fruit salad and chicken salad, mmm mmm. Once again, I had no idea what was coming next. Once we finished the meal, Chad said he got a special dessert. He handed me a paper bag and pulled out a giant fortune cookie, I broke it in half and saw a piece of paper and a something wrapped up in pink tissue paper.... I thought nothing of it. I opened the piece of paper and it read "A life without you is no life at all, will you be mine forever?".... once I read it, I felt the pink tissue paper and recognized the shape of a ring!!! I was screaming and jumping up and down like an annoying 12-year-old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert (seriously, ask Chad). I fell to the ground, still in awe of what was actually happening. Chad laughed and said, "you're suppose to stand up." As I stood up, Chad got on one knee and asked me to marry him...and of course I said YES!!! It was a beautiful moment that I will never forget and I am so grateful to have shared it with my best friend. Love you Chad, you are amazing . . . you done good :)

3 comments:

  1. cute story. Congrats. Wish i could give you guys a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog and cute story! i'm so excited for you guys! hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, that was such a cute story. Chaddy you have done good!!

    ReplyDelete