pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 6

I am so grateful for creativity and crafts! I have always loved making things and being creative. After Stake Conference today I had the idea of making this quote to go above our sink in our kitchen. It was super easy and I thought it turned out pretty cute! All I did was print off the quote on some white sketch book paper, soak the paper in a mixture of warm water and vanilla then rub some cinnamon on it to give it some texture. I blow dried the paper until it was completely dry, glued it to some grass green construction paper and hot glued some goodies I had left over in my craft box from previous projects. The little bow is made out of hemp and the squares in the corners are 1" x 1" glass tiles with some great visual texture. After the hot glue set I simply put in a frame and this is how it turned out! The frame and color scheme is a great addition to our small kitchen. The metallic frame correlates with the stainless steel toaster and spice rack, and the fabulous green compliments our red pots and cutting board!

No comments:

Post a Comment